PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may use internal tools and programs in order to better understand our Users’ needs and to optimize their service and experience on our Site. These tools and programs may help us better understand our Users’ experience (e.g. how much time they spend on which pages, which links they choose to click, etc.) and this enables us to build and maintain our service with User feedback.
BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We may rely on the consent that Users provide us at the point of data collection or disclosure to us to process such data for the purposes outlined herein.
We may rely on our legitimate interests to process Users’ personal data, provided that our interests are not overridden by the Users’ interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms. In particular, we may process Users’ personal data in reliance on a legitimate interest in the effective and lawful operation of this Site and our businesses, as well as the effective delivery of information and services to you. We may have other legitimate interests and, if so, we will make clear what those interests are at the relevant point in time.
We may process Users’ personal data if necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation arising under an applicable law to which we are subject. To the extent that we process any “special” or “sensitive” categories of personal data relating to Users, we will do so because either: (i) you have given us your explicit consent to carry out such processing; (ii) the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; or (iii) you have made the data manifestly public.
WEB BROWSER COOKIES
The data we collect by using cookies is used to customize our Site to your needs. After we use the data for statistical analysis, the data is completely removed from our systems. Please note that cookies don’t allow us to gain control of your computer in any way. They are strictly used to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not so that we can provide a better experience for you. If you want to disable cookies, you can do it by accessing the settings of your internet browser.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
To improve customer service
• Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
• We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
• We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
• We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
• To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
• We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
HOW TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In connection with one or more of the purposes outlined in the “How We Use Collected Information” section above, we may disclose your data to:
• Other entities within the HMC3 group of companies, if any;
• Third parties that provide services to us, such as system hosting, management, and support; data analysis; facilitation of advertisements; data backup; and data security and storage services;
• Relevant third parties as part of a corporate transaction, such as a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceeding);
• Competent governmental and public authorities, in each case to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests; and
• Other third parties as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; (d) to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates; (e) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you, or others; and (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain.
The disclosures described in this section may result in the transfer of your data to countries or regions with data protection laws that differ from those in your country of residence. By providing us with your data and using this Site, you are acknowledging that your data may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
RESTRICTING THE COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
At some point, you might wish to restrict the use and collection of your personal data. You can achieve this by doing the following:
When you are filling the forms on the Site, make sure to check if there is a box which you can leave unchecked, if you don’t want to disclose your personal information.
If you have already agreed to share your information with us, feel free to contact us via email at info@HMCThree.com and we will be more than happy to change this for you.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
You have choices about how your personal data is handled, and we are committed to providing you with reasonable access to your personal data and the ability to review and limit the use of such data in accordance with applicable law.
If you no longer want to receive electronic newsletters you signed up to receive or other marketing communications from HMC3, you can click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of such communications.
Depending on your state of residence, you may also have the right to:
request confirmation that we are processing your personal data;
• request a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
• request that we update the personal data we hold about you or correct such data that is inaccurate or incomplete;
• restrict the way in which we use your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or limit our use of your personal data (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held);
• object to our processing of your personal data;
• withdraw the consent that you have given us to process your personal data (where we process your personal data on the basis of your consent);
• request that we delete the personal data we hold about you; and
• lodge a complaint with the data protection or privacy authority in your state of residence regarding our processing of your personal data.
We will not discriminate against you if you decide to exercise your rights under applicable law.
USE OF THIS SITE BY MINORS
We understand the importance of protecting the privacy of minors, especially in the online environment. This Site is not designed for or intentionally targeted at minors under the age of 18, and we request that minors not use this Site. We do not knowingly collect data from minors on this Site. If we become aware that we have received data from a person under the age of 18, we will take reasonable steps to delete such data from our records.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
25 Hermit Lane
Westport, CT 06880 USA